Monday, September 9, 2013

A Woman's Worth - Guest Post by Chicki Brown

I am happy to host a special guest, Author Chicki Brown today! She introduces us to her latest novel A Woman's Worth, which released just a few days ago. You're invited to take a peek and leave a comment. 

-------------------------------------

A Woman's Worth

When Las Vegas personal trainer and raw vegan foods advocate, Marc Stafford comes home for the first time in four years, he meets Gianne Marvray at a family celebration. He is instantly attracted to her, but soon discovers she’s recovering from a catastrophic illness, and she is his father’s patient.

Marc is everything Gianne has always wanted in a man. He’s handsome, educated, motivated and family-oriented. And that’s the problem. Marc has his eye on marriage and family. Even though Gianne refuses to discuss any kind of commitment, he is bound and determined to change her mind.

Excerpt:

Marc pulled up at the hotel entrance and got out of the car to open her door. She hadn’t seen that in a while. Actually, she’d never seen it. Not in her life, anyway. This man had definitely been raised right.

“You don’t look like a Prius man,” Gianne remarked once he re-entered the car.

“I try to go green whenever I can.”

She frowned. “You’re not one of those carbon footprint evangelists, are you?”

“Wow! I never heard anyone put it that way before, but no. I’m the same way about what I drive as I am about what I eat. It’s my choice, and I don’t try to pressure anyone into doing the same. This is a rental.”

“Good.” She giggled. “Because I think this is one of the ugliest cars on the planet.”

“Well, it’s not built for style.”

Like you are, she thought.

“I think I’d better tell you about my family before we get there. They’re good people, but like any family, we have our special folks. My sister-in-law, Ramona, is a flirt. My brother Jesse is…” he pursed his lips, “fighting a lifelong battle with jealousy. His wife, Cydney, is a sweetheart, but right now she’s too busy battling twenty-four-hour morning sickness to care about much else. “The rest of my brothers are great. My mother is an angel, and my father is the king of judgment.” His laugh held a touch of bitterness.

“Sounds like a reality show in the making.”

He laughed again. “Why do you think I moved to Las Vegas?”

“Seriously?”

“Yeah. My family is very close, and I got tired of being involved in all of the–” he waved his hand around in the air. “Stuff.”

“Why is Jesse jealous? He’s a successful doctor, isn’t he?”

“Quite successful, but it doesn’t have anything to do with that.” Marc said, making it clear he didn’t want to say any more, so she changed the subject.

“Are they used to you bringing a woman with you?”

Marc took his gaze from the road for a moment and looked directly into her eyes. “I haven’t been home in four years.”

That said it all. 


Chicki Brown's A Woman's Worth


Click a link to download it now!

Smashwords - http://bit.ly/17nVKOH





=======================================

Enjoy my blog? Get a FREE 14-Day Subscription to your Kindle!  Just click below.

3 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to showcase my new release, Kimberly. :)

Ollie said...

Thank you for sharing Chicki, and thank you Kimberly for choosing Chicki's work to share with us. So far I enjoyed what I read and can't wait to sink my teeth into the whole thing.

Ollie Moss
ollimo91@aol.com

K. Millionaire said...

Chicki,

It was my pleasure to host you! Ollie, glad to hear that you enjoyed what you read.

Kimberly