Wednesday, October 5, 2011

5 Reasons I Love the Kindle - K Matthews

Simply to keep up with the Jones, I bought myself a Kindle for Mother's Day back in May.  I had to have one; I was tired of all my author friends talking about them and me having to listen with kind of a blank stare, not to mention I needed to keep up with the industry. So, yeah - when I saw that Amazon had one for $114,  (and now has one for $79) my eyes popped open like Jack coming out of the box and I did the impulsive "One-Click" order.
Right away I became excited. I couldn't wait to get it.  I even made up a little song about it; wanna here it? Here it goes:   (eh-eh hem!)

I'm getting a Kindle
I'm getting a Kindle
I'm getting a Kindle

(Sung to the chorus of Nanny-Nanny Boo Boo).

So now that I've had it for 6 months, I'll share with you why it's a keeper - from a reader's point of view.

1. It remembers where I left off reading, and takes me there when I turn it on.  No flipping through pages (not that flipping through pages was so unbearable.)

2. I can buy a new book at the crack of dawn while I'm still in my pajamas and without brushing my teeth. I generally don't buy books the moment I open my eyes though.  I mean, Facebook has got that slot on lock!

3. I get the books just a few seconds beyond instantly. My days of making up Nanny-Nanny Boo Boo songs to fill in my wait time are over.  Before I can get through the first line my book is in my hand.

4. It fits into my purse without stretching it or tearing the handles off. It's pretty thin, even in the case. Imagine 100(or more) books, including my Bible (which I forgot to take my physical one with me to church on Sunday) all in my purse at one time.  On the Kindle - they weigh less than my receipt-and-rewards-card-filled wallet. 

5.  There's no such thing as loaning out a book and never seeing it again. I'm like the little boy in the Dorito's commercial "Keep your hands off my momma, and keep your hands off my Kindle." It does have a way to let you "loan" out books you download though - I've just not had the need to do so yet.

Now the thing that I DON'T like most about the Kindle is - every time I look at my banking transactions, there is always money being deducted for new purchases! Almost every day, there are few dollars going into Kindle LaLa Land. $.99 here, $2.99 there . . . Sheesh!

And oh yeah!  One more think I love about Kindle - my newest book Spoonin' can be downloaded to it!  It's so cool seeing my book on that screen! Uh...yes I did.  I did buy a copy of my own book for my Kindle. You should buy a copy too.  Kindle or hardcopy.  It's easy. Do it now - just click here.


Enjoy my blog?  Read it on your Kindle! Just click below.

KmH

0 comments: