Monday, June 29, 2015

Getting Back to My Creative Groove

It's been quite a while since I've put pen to paper, or better said, fingers to keyboard with the goal of writing a really good story.  Something's been wrong with my creative juice mechanism. It simply has been on the fritz. Bone dry. Down for repair. Out of gas. So what's an author to do when her author brain is down for the count? Work on other things, of course!

Reading - I've read several GREAT works on my writing hiatus. Adrienne Thompson, Chicki Brown, Daniel Black just to name a few. Excellent authors. Check out their titles. 

Publishing - I focused a lot of my effort in bringing new writing talent to light, and launched four writing careers. It's been such an honor to be an integral part of helping another person's dream come true. 

Studying - I'm always looking for ways to perfect my craft and grow my skill. I've taken so many online and in-person courses. Too many  courses to list them all, bit I will mention Cas Sigers-Beedles Script Writing Master Class. That's right, I'm working on some big screen stuff. 

Consulting - Every author knows that marketing is a huge part of selling books after the publishing button has been pushed. With 20 years of publishing experience, I've seen the ups, downs, ins and outs of the industry.  I can't help but share my knowledge with others who express the desire to know. Knowledge is power and growth is great! 

I do miss writing though... and it's time for me to get back to it. I just hope my creative thinking thingy is ready to work now. If not, I certainly have plenty to do. 


0 comments: